Who We Are
The mission of the Derrick Stirks Scholarship Fund is to help provide support, encouragement and a financial means; in hopes of eliminating the barriers to professional growth for students. We were created to honor the beloved Derrick "Pop" Stirks, who was not only a great role model and provider to his family but also to his community. Currently we are serving the Duval County area, with goals of expanding nationwide.
Winners will be determined by:
Grammar & Accuracy
Compliance with Terms & Conditions (T&C)
Terms & Conditions (T&C) for Derrick Stirks Scholarship Program
1. The essay must be submitted via online website.
2. Students must be enrolled in a participating school, currently in their senior year and maintain at least a 2.5 Grade Point Average (GPA) to apply, verification of enrollment will occur prior to awarding payment.
3. The essay must be in English, missing or incomplete submissions will be eliminated from consideration. If applicant makes a mistake during submission, it is advised to resubmit another complete application.
4. Applicants who plagiarize will be eliminated from award consideration, all applications submitted must be from the individual applying.
5. The prize is a one-time payment. Derrick Stirks Scholarship reserves the right to pay either the university’s finance/bursar account of the applicant directly on behalf of you, or directly to the applicant when applicable.
6. Although we plan to host the Derrick Stirks Scholarship annually, there are no guarantees that funding for annual renewal will be available.
7. Winner will be notified via email and must verify they meet requirements within 14-days of receipt.
8. Owners of the Derrick Stirks Scholarship Program and webpage reserves the exclusive rights to publish the articles received as well as personal information relating to the applicant.
9. Final date for submission is April 23rd at 11:59 PM EST. We will choose the winner by May 31st.
10. We expect to run the Derrick Stirks Scholarship Program annually, previous winners are not eligible to win a second time.
11. The Derrick Stirks Scholarship Program will not charge or ask for any fees from any student who wishes to apply for the scholarship.
12. Immediate family members of the Derrick Stirks Scholarship Program Owner are not able to apply.
13. Owners of the Derrick Stirks Scholarship Program reserve the rights to modify terms and condition without notice.